Montag, 21. Dezember 2009

Urban Decay Apocalyptic Nail Polish Set

Hello my dear addicts!
Today I would like to review one of my early christmas presents :-)





Bilder hochladen


and with Flash

Bilder hochladen



The Urban Decay Apocalyptic Set contains 7 different Mini sized nail polishes, which come in a pretty purple case. Colorwise, i would say, they are pretty typical for the Urban Decay color scheme.


Bilder hochladen

with Flash


Bilder hochladen



The formula of these was not fantastic, but not bad either. Neither runny nor extremely thick. Absolutely average I would say. I did like that none of them applied streaky. I used 2 coats with all of them, White Widow could have used three, Apocalypse would also be fine with one even coat. I do apologize for the bad quality of the pics, but it was dark and snowing all day, so I couldn't even get a bit of decent lighting. Sorry!

Now on to the colors!

Bilder hochladen

White Widow

Now this one is a nice twist from the typical whites you see. I would call it a "a bit dirty" white since it does have hints of grey, maybe even a superpale lilac in it. It also has some micro silver shimmer in it! It was one of the few colors though that could have done with a third coat. I like it, since I got a bit tired of all the "snow whites" out there, so on with the "White Widow"! *grin*




Bilder hochladen

Gunmetal
Now this one turned out to be nothing like the name. When I think metal, I think of grey, silver...nowit does contain the same micro silver shimmer as White Widow, but the base is a dark, chocolaty brown. Oh well. I like it. I will call it Bronzed Gunmetal instead, hehe


Bilder hochladen

Apocalypse
Holy Moley, this one is a vamp in a bottle! A dark, rich creme base with the darkest of purple added to it. Wonderful! If you manage to apply one thin coat, you get the benefits if seing the purple parts of the polish. The More coats you add, the darker, blacker your polish will get and only with light reflections the purple will show, how cool ist that? I added a pic with flash to show you guys what I mean...god this one is so gorgeous!

Bilder hochladen




Bilder hochladen


Grunge
This was the one I was lemming for the most...Blue Shimmer in a metal like teal base. I like it, but I don't love it, I honestly thought the blue shimmer would stand out more. The dark teal base is very pretty though.





Bilder hochladen

Meltdown

Wow, this is an absolute fantastic full purple shimmer! It pulls off full coverage with just 2 coats of polish. Try looking at it in full sunlight, you will be delighted!


Bilder hochladen

Big Bang

Yup, this one is nothing but a Big Bang of Pink Shimmer. Name says it all.


Bilder hochladen


FBomb
Darn...this is the kind of red nail polish "the other woman" would wear. Rich red creme in a shade of red that is worthy of the big Hollywood godesses of the 50ies. Love it!







I believe the set is available for 26USD and contains 7 mini bottles of 5ml. It is available at the UD website or Sephora. For all you poor addicts who can't order there (like me) try ebay or hqhair if they might be getting it in.